- Learning numbers and the alphabet, nationalities.
- How to ask for phone numbers, email addreses, etc.
- Introducing yourself and familiarising with other people.
- How to order food at restaurants and bars (& how make complaints!).
- Talking about England and your daily routine (work, hobbies).
- Grammatically, you will be learn to recognize and use articles and verbs in the present tense.
- Teaching will be in both a traditional and communicative way.
- Recap of present tense and irregular verbs .
- Book a hotel room.
- Express desire. Ask and give permission.
- Present perfect (past).
- ‘¿Puedo + infinitive?’ ‘¿Se puede + infinitive?’
- Prepositions: en, de.
- Asking for information.
- Talking about holidays and places, booking hotels.
- Talking in the past.
- Survival Kit and daily situation study cases and role-play will be covered to allow you to improve your confidence in "getting by" .
- Recap of past tense and irregular verbs.
- Express actions happening at the time of speaking.
- Daily routine.
- ‘Estar + gerundio‘.
- Reflexive verbs.
- Talk about the clothes you´re wearing. Compare clothes. Buy clothes in a shop.
- Direct object pronouns: ‘lo, la, los, las‘.
- Comparative structures: ‘más…..que / menos…que/.
- ’¿Me das…? / ¿Me dejas…?’.
- Presents and Expressions used to congratulate someone.
This starts with revision and consolidation of the material studied in the previous terms (present, past) and will move on to:
- Introduction of the Imperfect Tense (another form of past in Spanish).
- Contrast between the Present Perfect and Imperfect.
- Future Tense.
- Talking about childhood and famous people.
- Talking about future plans.
- Structures and language to have general and simple conversations with native speakers will be taught.
- You will start expressing your viewpoints on basic topical issues.
- Indirect Pronouns.
- Describing houses & Spanish life.
- Expressing wishes, dislikes & annoyances.
- Give and ask for advice.
- Making social arrangements.
- Authentic reading from newspapers, magazines, interviews and films.